DR. CRAIG C. CALLEN
Dentist in Mansfield, OH
Craig C. Callen, DDS & Associate
PUBLISHED AUTHOR AND LECTURER:
Author of 3 books used nationwide; "The Cutting Edge I, II & III"
- Associate Editor of a newsletter from Excellence in Dentistry
- Author of numerous articles in national dental publications
- Guest Lecturer at dental schools
- Has lectured throughout the U.S. and Canada on High Tech Dentistry
- Advisory Board, "Advanced Learning Technologies, Inc."
MEETING THE HIGH STANDARD OF THE DENTAL PROFESSION
- Member of the American Dental Association , Central Ohio Dental Association and past President of the Mansfield Dental Society
- Past President of the Mansfield Dental Society
- Founding member of The Dr. Woody Oakes Lecture Series
- Accepted into the 6-year dental program at Case Western Reserve University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at the age of 23, making him the youngest dentist in the state of Ohio.
- First dentist in the Mansfield area to use Intra-Oral TV, "Filmless" computerized dental radiography and air abrasion "drilless" dentistry and electronic anesthesia
- Uses Nitrous Oxide without IV's to relax his patients if needed.
ACTIVE IN THE COMMUNITY
- Kiwanis Club, past board member, two-time Kiwanian of the Month Award
- Chamber of Commerce - Past Membership Award
- Alumni of Leadership Unlimited
- Member of Crossroads Community Church
- Member of American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry
Dr. Callen and Family
Dr. Callen has five children, Joseph, Lauren, Meghan, Caitlyn and Christian. He is a life-long resident of the Mansfield area, having graduated from Malabar High School. His hobbies include house rehabbing, travel, boating, camping reading, and computers. His professional associations allow him the opportunity to travel throughout the U.S. giving and taking continuing education seminars. When time allows, he enjoys discussions on a dental internet forum with dentists around the world. He hosts a dental Facebook group where he provides education on a daily basis to dentists around the world. The Callens live in Bellville in an 1870's house that he completely remodeled and updated. The property had been abandoned for 12 years. Summertime will usually find the Callens up at Lake Erie boating or fishing on weekends and vacation.
Dr. MARTIN HERTZEL
Dentist in Mansfield, OH
Dr. Hertzel grew up In Olmsted Falls, Ohio and graduated with honors from Olmsted Falls High School in 1997. He attended Muskingum University in New Concord, Ohio and received his Bachelor’s of Science degree in Biology in 2001. From there, Dr. Hertzel went on to The Ohio State University College of Dentistry and received his D.D.S. In 2005. He has been in private practice in and around central Ohio for 17 years. He enjoys performing all aspects of general dentistry. Dr. Hertzel resides in Gahanna with his wife Mone’, and children William and Isabelle. They also have an Australian Shepard and 2 cats. They are very active and involved members of Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Whitehall. Dr. Hertzel is a member of the Knight’s of Columbus Marian Council in Whitehall where he enjoys volunteering to support their many charity events. In his free time, Dr. Hertzel enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, bowling, and smoking meats. He is also a bourbon and craft beer enthusiast.
Dr. Jonathan P. Roscoe
Dentist in Mansfield, OH
“I understand a dentist’s responsibility to patients, community, and society as a whole. I want to educate my patient’s about the direct effect their teeth have on their overall health. I feel lucky to be in the business of healing a person’s teeth and restoring their smile.”
Dr. Jonathan Roscoe recognized his calling to dentistry early in his life. His academic success was rewarded when he was admitted to the prestigious Six Year Dental Program at the Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine. He earned his Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) degree in 2008. Dr. Roscoe completed a fellowship in the study of dental implants with the International Congress of Oral Implantologists in 2007.
About Dr. Roscoe
Dr. Roscoe grew up in North Central Ohio. He lived in Holmes County for nine years attending elementary school with Old Order Amish children. His family moved to the Ashland area, and he graduated from Hillsdale High School where he was active in sports, the marching band, and theater productions.
After working in the Cleveland area, he joined the National Health Service Corps where he served for three years specializing in General Dentistry and Dental Implants. Dr. Roscoe was awarded the Patient’s Choice Award in 2015. His wide variety of work experiences have given him exposure to many types of dental issues ranging from simple maintenance dental work to complex restorative dentistry and even dental emergencies.
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine - Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD)
Additional coursework at Cleveland State University and The Ohio State University
- In his free time, Dr. Roscoe enjoys golfing, boating, and reading. Dr. Roscoe is an avid Cleveland Browns fan and a Ducati enthusiast.
- Dr. Roscoe has been a championship caliber chess player since elementary school.
- He played on elite youth traveling soccer teams and he went on to earn varsity letters in soccer all four years of high school.
- In college, Dr. Roscoe learned to Ballroom Dance, and participated in interstate Ballroom Dancing competitions.
- Dr. Roscoe spent 3 months serving as interim dentist in Neah Bay, Washington on the Makah Tribal Reservation.