Our team of dentists and staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Today more than ever studies are showing the importance of regular dental care to your overall health and well being. From preventing heart disease and stroke by maintaing healthy gums, to diagnosing and treating life threatening sleep apnea, dentistry is in the lead for preventive health care. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
There are many methods for relieving oral pain. They include:
- Ice packs on the affected area.
- Avoiding hard candy or ice.
- Avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
Dentists use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
- Anesthetics such as Novocaine.
- Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Sedatives, including a procedure known as "conscious sedation" or general sedation (also known as "deep sedation").